WHAT TO DO DURING THE INTERVIEW
<< Back to Menu
View printable version>>
- Usually advisable NOT to accept the offer of a coffee or tea. Water is OK.
- Take some notes – don’t overdo it.
- Use the interviewers name a few times but don’t overdo it.
- Keep level of eye contact up without staring them into submission!!
- Have a prepared list of questions to show you have undertaken research on the company. These should not take too long and should not delve into the nitty gritty of the company’s performance – rather, they should have relevance to the position you are applying for plus some general overview stuff.
- If you want the job – let the interviewer know this at interview. “Mr. Interviewer, I like what I have heard about the company and this position and hope you consider my application favourably as I would be very keen to be offered the position.”
- See if you can get a time frame for the rest of their process.
- The Thank You Letter.
a. Preparing for the interview
b. Typical interview questions
c. What to do before the interview
e. What to do after the interview